WhereCampPDX 5 is happening October 12th-14th, 2012.
We’re really excited, and we’re sure you are too. Here are some things you should know.
If you’re planning to attend, please register for free via our Eventbrite page.
Schedule for 2012
- 6–9pm: Kickoff party at Geoloqi HQ! (920 SW 3rd Ave #400)
Space is limited, so you must be registered for WhereCampPDX to attend.
Saturday, October 13th:
- 9:30am–6pm: WhereCampPDX Unconference Day at the Metro Regional Center (600 NE Grand)
We’ll kick things off and set the day’s schedule at 10am. Bring your session ideas, curiosity, and knowledge to share. This year’s keynote speaker will be Dr. Sean Gorman, Chief Strategist for Esri’s DC Development Center.
- 6:30pm-midnight: State Of The Map party at Refuge PDX (116 SE Yamhill Street)
WhereCampPDX attendees are invited to join, no additional registration is needed. There will be an open bar all night, plenty of food, games and music.
Sunday, October 14th:
- 9am-6pm: Hack day with State of the Map (SOTM) at Oregon Convention Center (777 NE Martin Luther King Blvd)
Join SOTM attendees for sessions and geo-hacking all day. Separate registration is required for the Sunday event; sign up for WhereCampPDX and we’ll send you the details.
- Participate in other Sunday activities on the wiki. Find something that interests you, or add your own.
Help us out
Do you have an hour or two to spare at the event? We need volunteers to assist with everything from setup to registration to cleanup at the end. If you can help, take a look at our volunteer schedule spreadsheet, fill in your name for one or two shifts, and email Audrey Eschright with your full name and contact info.
Stuff to bring
Bring a laptop for geo-hacking or if your session requires it. There are projectors in two rooms. Bring cameras, bizcards, notebooks and anything else you’d like to use to capture the highlights of WhereCampPDX.