WhereCampPDX starts tomorrow! We’re really excited, and we’re sure you are too. Here are some things you should know.
If you haven’t already registered and are planning to attend, please register for free via our Eventbrite page.
Friday, October 7 â€” Opening Party
- 7:00pm â€“ 9:30pm: We’re kicking things off with a party at Collective Agency in Old Town!
Join us for an evening of geographically-inclined conversation, snacks, and activities. Collective Agency is located at 322 NW 6th Avenue; if there isn’t someone at the door when you arrive, dial 200 on the keypad and we’ll buzz you in.
Saturday, October 8 â€” Unconference and Hackathon
The unconference takes place in the Metro Regional Center at 600 NE Grand Avenue; you’ll want to use the entrance by the courtyard on the Irving Street side of the building. There’s a parking garage attached to Metro that charges a reduced weekend rate for all-day parking.
- 9:20am: Doors open, breakfast is served!
- 10:00am: Unconference kickoff, announcements, and session scheduling
- 11:00am: Unconference sessions start
- 1:00pm: Lunch from Nicholas Restaurant!
- 1:30pm: Keynote â€” Bibiana McHugh of TriMet
- 2:15pm: Unconference sessions continue
- 4:15pm: Afternoon break
- 4:30pm: Even more unconference sessions
- 5:30pm: Closing session and Sunday activity pitches
- 6:30pm: Evening Hackathon
Our evening hackathon is your chance to sit down start building all the great things you came up with during the day, with pizza and speedy internet to help you along. The hacking will occur at P-I-E (The Portland Incubator Experiment), which is located at 1227 NW Davis Street.
Sunday, October 9 â€” Activities about town
On Sunday, we dedicate the day to a mix of outdoor activities, casual hacking and discussion. We’ll have a schedule board for Sunday set up during the unconference where you can propose ideas for things that work better outside of the conference environment. We’re using the area around Jameson Square Park in the Pearl district as our home base. The general plan is to meet up at Cloud Seven Cafe in the morning, and move over to the Ecotrust building around lunchtime. The GeoLoqi team will be running a game of MapAttack on in the morning, and the rest of the day is up to you! Look for more announcements and details during the unconference.
Help us out
We’re looking for a few great volunteers to help out with stuff at the event, you can sign up for a slot using this spreadsheet
Stuff to bring
Bring a laptop for geo-hacking or if your session requires it. There are projectors in two rooms. Bring cameras, bizcards, notebooks and anything else you’d like to use to capture the highlights of WhereCampPDX.
Talk about WhereCampPDX on the internet
- Use the tag “wherecamppdx” when tweeting, posting photos, and writing blog posts.
- Follow @WhereCampPDX on Twitter for event updates
- Post session notes and photos to the WhereCampPDX wiki
- RSVP to the event on Plancast, to let your friends know you’re coming
- Use Lanyrd? Note your attendance at on our page over there
- You might also like our Facebook page
Our sponsors are awesome
We’re happy to be able to run WhereCampPDX as a free event and provide you with tasty food, but none of this would be possible without the support of our generous sponsors. If you see someone from one of these organizations at WhereCamp this weekend, thank them for us!