WhereCampPDX 6 is this weekend! We’re kicking things off tonight! Here are all the details you’ll need to make the most of your map-filled time.
If you haven’t signed up for WhereCampPDX yet, do it now! It’s free!
Friday September 27th, 6–9pm: Opening Party, sponsored by Esri!
Join us as we kick off the WhereCamp weekend with conversation and snacks. Feeling creative? Shoot a tiny bit of video and submit to our first-ever WhereCampPDX Film UnFestival!
Saturday September 28th: Unconference Sessions
Metro Regional Center
600 NE Grand Ave
(enter through the courtyard)
- 9:15am: Doors open, coffee is served!
- 10:00am: Unconference kickoff, announcements, and session scheduling
- 11:00am: Unconference sessions start
- 1:00pm: Lunch from Nicholas Restaurant!
- 2:00pm: Unconference sessions continue
- 4:00pm: Afternoon break
- 4:30pm: Even more unconference sessions
- 5:30pm: Closing session
Afterward, evening activities TBA (hacking and pizza are traditional).
Sunday September 29th: Fun and mapmaking!
Flux Hacker Space
412 NW Couch #222
Doors open 10am
Activities will be scheduled throughout the day. Thus far, we know about:
- 1–4pm: MaptimePDX — The inaugural meeting of Portland’s monthly map hacking meetup!
We need volunteers throughout the event to help with setup, cleanup, and greeting people at the door. If you can contribute an hour or two, please add your name to the signup sheet.
What to Bring
- A laptop, for hacking or sharing your favorite maps, if you like
- Cameras, notebooks, and other ways to help record the event
Share With Others
- Twitter: use the #wherecamppdx hashtag
- Photos: tag photos with “wherecamppdx” and “wherecamppdx6″ on flickr, and send us links if you post them elsewhere
- Wiki: Add session notes to the WhereCampPDX wiki